Gear Up for Safety and Water Landings!
In this time of uncertainty, one thing remains clear: we are all ready for adventure!
However, to operate this summer with the threat of COVID-19, Isle Royale Seaplanes must follow local, state, federal, and National Park Service guidelines, to ensure everyone’s safety.
For the safety of our passengers and crew Isle Royale Seaplanes is committed to “Gear Up for Safety” by taking the following action:
- Extensive cleaning of each aircraft between all flights to and from Isle Royale.
- All staff will wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Passengers will undergo a touch-less thermometer screening with each flight.
- Headsets will not be provided on any flight to limit droplet transmission.
- All air vents will be open during the entire duration of the flight to ensure proper airflow.
- Eating of any kind will not be permitted on any aircraft.
- Passengers will answer COVID-19 exposure questionnaire
- Passengers will be asked to bring their own mask and will be required to wear a mask for the duration of the flight
- Passengers will be required to wear a mask while waiting for the seaplane to arrive and depart at the following locations:
- Seaplane Base in Houghton, MI,
- Grand Marais Airport
- The docks at Isle Royale, Rock Harbor, and Windigo
**There will not be any exceptions to these measures. Our flight crew and ground crew reserve the right to deny passage to any passenger that does not comply with our guidance.
For more information about action from the National Park Service at Isle Royale National Park regarding COVID-19, please visit https://www.nps.gov/isro/index.htm.
For more information on local, state, and federal regulations, please visit:
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at:
906-483-4991 or firstname.lastname@example.org